Fermentation is the process of growing and accumulating a large number of metabolites that people need for fermentation by carrying out large-scale growth cultures of microorganisms (or animal and plant cells) to cause chemical changes and physiological changes. This ancient craft has now been able to produce large quantities of fermented foods and medicines on a large scale. However, during the fermentation process, it is often prone to blistering. Once the foam cannot be controlled, it will cause deterioration and mildew in fermented products. Therefore, many fermentation industry manufacturers will order fermentation defoamers.
Microbes are undergoing anaerobic respiration.
Gas-liquid two-phase coexistence
The nutrient-rich medium, plus more microbial breath
The fermentation process is heating too fast
Physical defoaming method:
1. Let the fermenter's stirring worsen the destruction of bubbles (used when the foam is too much)
2. Appropriately increase tank pressure
3. Reduce the speed
Chemical defoaming method:
1. Reduce the nutrition of the medium
2. Supplement with C source, N source, inorganic salt, the substrate for inducing enzyme
3. The use of fermentation defoamer
Can withstand high temperatures.
Non-toxic and tasteless.
Has a long-lasting ability to inhibit foam.
Does not have any effect on the product.